miércoles, 30 de abril de 2008

my favorite Industrial Designer


I like cars a lot so i like to talk about car designers. One of my favorite car designers is Giovani Batista farina, known as Pininfarina, an Italian designer who create masterpieces like the Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Spider Corsa, in 1932 and the well known Ferrari Testarossa in 1984. This designer created a company with his son Sergio and grandson Andrea and the company is successful. It has been employed by many automobile manufacturers like Ferrari, Maserati, Cadillac, Peugeot, Jaguar, Volvo, Alfa Romeo, MG, etc.
Actually the company has 3,562 employees working for them. This company is known all around the world and it has a very good reputation.
Other car designer is Giorgetto Giugiaro, another italian designer. We can see some of his designs every day in Santiago, cars like Daewoo Leganza, Fiat Punto, Fiat Uno, Seat Toledo, etc. He has masterpieces like Pininfarina as well. One of my favorite is the Maserati 4200 coupé, a car we don’t see usually but when you see it, you can understand that every single piece of the car is designed to give the car some special identity. It is a gorgeous car.
I want to design cars but it is very difficult to work for a car company, mostly if you aren’t from Europe or Asia.

1 comentario:

kamylitra dijo...

Hi!
my name is kamy and I'm a part of the class too (recently), so could you please subscribe me in your link list

Thanks